My parents went to Japan many years ago. It looks like a very fascinating country. I wish to visit Japan one day. Here are some interesting facts about Japan.
1. It has four major islands (Honshu, Shikoko, Kyush, Hokkaido) and thousands of small islands.
2. The capital of Japan is Tokyo where majority of the people live.
3. Japan’s mountains are formed by volcanoes. The most famous one is Mount Fuji.
4. Japanese people eat lots of rice and fish. The often eat raw fish with vinegar rice, known as sushi.
5. Japan has very pretty cherry trees called sakura. Many people travel to Japan to see cherry blossom in April.
6. Tatami is a mat made from rice straw that is used as flooring in a traditional Japanese room. (in picture)
7. The Osaka Castle was completed in 1597. From the outside it looks like 5 five stories tall but in the inside, it has eight stories. Because three stories are underground. It has been through many wars and leaders and reconstructions. (in picture)
8. The Shinkansen meaning “trunkline” in Japanese is known as bullet train in English. It is a network of highspeed railway lines. It is built to connect distant regions to Tokyo. The planning started in 1930s, but the train didn’t operate till 1950s due to postponement of World War II. Many improvements and expansions were done throughout the years and still continuing to this day. (in picture)